More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Are you a self-starter with strong organization and communication skills? Join a supportive team that ensures hospital staff have what they need to provide “excellence in health care”.
What you’ll do
- Collect, process, and deliver inter-hospital records and parcels.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide customer support and help address envelopes, locate mail, and answer general questions.
What you bring
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- One year’s recent related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with mail sorting, processing and distributing.
You also can
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others.
- Organize your work.
What’s in it for you?
Working with the Hospital Replenishment Distribution Team you will:
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual (On call with no guaranteed hours). Hours are called out on a short call basis (1-5 hours of notice)
Location: Jim Pattison Pavilion, 899 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9- Vancouver General Hospital
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of work: Shifts start and end times vary between hours of 07:30-17:30, Monday through Friday
Wage: $20.97/ per hour + 12.6% in lieu
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.