More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager, Clinical Informatics - Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (C&W) Vancouver, BC
Manager, Clinical Informatics
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (C&W)
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre’s, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role extended hours may be scheduled during go live periods.
What you’ll do
- Manage the clinical informatics team and related services by providing clinical informatics strategic expertise towards developing a vision and a roadmap for clinical informatics services and projects.
- Provide clinical informatics leadership to ensure information and communication technology design and future state workflows enable transformation and innovation in clinical practice, education, administration, and research across the continuum of care and across specified programs and/or specialties within PHSA.
- Facilitate the integration of technologies into clinical practice to enhance efficiency, safety and care quality.
- Lead, collaboratively with the program/specialty and unit leadership, the efforts of clinical change management, development and roll out of effective learning strategies to prepare the sites for implementations and provide expert input towards clinical system design, build and maintenance decisions and implementations.
- Apply and provide informatics expertise to the development and operationalization of a framework to manage, govern, and sustain clinical content. Recommend prioritization for requests that require resourcing. Develop and promote flexible and sustainable education and training strategies to gain commitment to implemented processes.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession supplemented with seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in leading major clinical or quality improvement initiatives in a large, complex health care environment. Previous experience leading or supervising teams in the design and implementation of clinical systems is preferred. Current practicing registration with the applicable provincial college or association.
You will also have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical process, workflows, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants, and of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Strong understanding of clinical information and data and how these are managed and operationalized within the clinical information system to create knowledge. Possesses a solid awareness of new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in implementing evidence-based practice in a clinical setting and ability to introduce clinical and policy change to designated program area(s).
- Proven ability to apply systems and critical thinking in a complex multi-disciplinary environment involving provider, nursing, and clinician communities.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (Until March 31, 2021)
Location: 4500 Oak, Vancouver, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 117137
What we do
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a large-scale, multi-year project between the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC). Designed to transform clinical practices and systems – ultimately improving the safety, quality and consistency of patient care – our goal is to deliver streamlined care through standardized clinical practices and a fully integrated clinical information system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 11, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.