More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager - Clinical Informatics (CST) Project BC Cancer – Provincial Sites
Clinical Informatics (CST) Project, BC Cancer – Provincial Sites
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with BC Cancer, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to an extended hours schedule during go live periods may be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go live period.
What you do
- Manage the clinical informatics team and related services by providing clinical informatics strategic expertise towards developing a vision and a roadmap for clinical informatics services and projects.
- Provide clinical informatics leadership to ensure information and communication technology design and future state workflows enable transformation and innovation in clinical practice, education, administration, and research across the continuum of care and across specified programs and/or specialties within PHSA. Facilitate the integration of technologies into clinical practice to enhance efficiency, safety and care quality.
- Lead, collaboratively with the program/specialty and unit leadership, the efforts of clinical change management, development and roll out of effective learning strategies to prepare the sites for implementations and provide expert input towards clinical system design, build and maintenance decisions and implementations.
- Apply and provide informatics expertise to the development and operationalization of a framework to manage, govern, and sustain clinical content. Recommend prioritization for requests that require resourcing. Develop and promotes flexible and sustainable education and training strategies to gain commitment to implemented processes.
- Provide the strategic advice, facilitation and planning related to the clinical transformation and quality improvement efforts that leverage technologies and EHRs.
- Manage the clinical requirement elicitation, translation and prioritization work that guides the selection, design, implementation, maintenance, evaluation and improvement of EHRs.
- Enhance clinical adoption by leading the post-implementation assessment process. Review design and usage of information systems with a view to maximize the benefits and to increase patient safety. Evaluate and monitors success to ensure effective implementation of current and future quality initiatives and system improvements. Participate in the development of future state clinical content, workflows, and all necessary linkages to recommend appropriate clinical decision support interventions and future state workflows.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in leading major clinical or quality improvement initiatives in a large, complex health care environment.
- Previous experience leading or supervising teams in the design and implementation of clinical systems is preferred.
- Current practicing registration with the applicable provincial college or association.
What you have
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical process, workflows, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants, and of the applicable standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Strong understanding of clinical information and data and how these are managed and operationalized within the clinical information system to create knowledge. Possess a solid awareness of new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in implementing evidence-based practice in a clinical setting and ability to introduce clinical and policy change to designated program area(s).
- Proven ability to apply systems and critical thinking in a complex multi-disciplinary environment involving provider, nursing, and clinician communities.
- Create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercise initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Use effective facilitation, communication and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict, achieve desired outcomes and address potential barriers to success.
- Lead project teams, and organizes and direct work efforts to meet deadlines and realization project completion.
- Operate related equipment and use current computer applications (MS Office, etc.) and computerized healthcare applications.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
Provinical Position - Can be located within any of the BC Cancer site: Abbotsford, Surrey, Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria or Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:00(Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go-live period)
Requisition Number: 107829
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 10, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.