Manager Fleet Decarbonization
Manager Fleet Decarbonization
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS)
Lower Mainland or Greater Victoria
Join our team of dedicated leaders, as we strive to be integrated members of the health sector and the communities we serve, as well as international innovators of patient care delivery, quality, and safety.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director, Fleet Operations the Manager Fleet Decarbonization provides strategic leadership, planning and implementation of BCEHS Fleet Green House Gas reduction program working toward achieving emission reduction targets set out by the BC Government. The manager will be responsible for engagement with internal and external stakeholders and partners to execute the plans. This will include working to establish and leverage funding streams and grants to further the emission reduction goals. The role will be responsible to integrate lower GHG intensity vehicles, system, and technologies in the delivery of the mobile and emergent health care services.
- Provides strategic leadership for planning, designing and efficient operation of energy systems. Develops implements and updates the Organizations’ strategic energy and carbon emissions reduction management plan and goals.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and manages effective energy and carbon emissions reduction practices at the assigned locations and liaises with our utility stakeholders to create and develop a communication and action awareness campaigns for Organizations.
- Engages with internal BCEHS stakeholder on implementation and integration of GHG reducing initiatives into BCEHS operations.
- Develops an understanding of BCEHS’s operating paradigm and the associated interrelationships to ensure successful implementation of GHG reducing initiative.
- Manages a project budget for each energy and carbon emission reduction initiative to ensure successful implementation. Reviews, analyze sand interprets reduction data; implements appropriate changes to the project and / or project scope to meet specific environmental sustainability targets for the Organizations.
- Benchmarks BCEHS emission data and intensity levels and compares data with other similar organizations
- Identifies external incentives and funding sources for implementing energy and carbon reduction projects. Prepares business cases for these projects including analytical and presentation work to facilitate energy and reduction and awareness.
- Manages incentive programs by developing and submitting applications related BCEHS emission reduction initiatives. Including working with granting agencies to ensure eligibility of BCEHS initiatives.
- Maintains industry leading knowledge of energy and carbon emissions management and energy efficiency practices and technologies by liaising with other experts, reviewing current relevant literature and attending various seminars and/or conferences.
- In collaboration with the Organization’s Climate Resilience Adaptation lead, provides technical expertise on site based low carbon resilience plans in accordance with climate change mitigation and adaptation legislation.
- In collaboration with Capital Project teams provides support and guidance on energy and carbon reduction strategies for major projects during all phase of the project procurement cycle.
- Produces and completes BCEHS annual reporting.
What you bring
Qualifications and Certifications
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Energy Management, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years recent related experience in planning, implementing and operationalizing energy and carbon emission management programs in large complex multi-site environments or an equivalent combination of education and training
Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and experience with project planning and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience with system implementation in complex system.
- Knowledge of the Emergency Medical Systems operations.
- Experience with electric vehicles.
- Proven initiative, judgment, decision-making and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and engage, promoting innovation.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner. Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a member as a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care, too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services and is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
If this sounds like you, apply now with a current resume on our website at: www.bcehs.ca/careers
Job Type: Full-time, Regular
Salary:$86,398 – $124,197. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan.
Location: Lower Mainland or Greater Victoria
Closing date: December 4, 2023 at 10am
Days of Work: Monday to Friday
Requisition # 155991
Jobs for You
- Registration/Booking Clerk, Admin Supervisor - BC Children’s Hospital & SunnyHill Health Centre Oct. 30, 2023
- Communications Officer, Media Relations and Issues Management Nov. 30, 2023
- Technical Coordinator, Histocompatibility/Immunology, Vancouver General Hospital - Provincial Laboratory Medicine Services Nov. 30, 2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs