More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager of Administration & Business Support, Inter-campus Operations - BC Children's & BC Women's Hospitals
Manager of Adminstration & Business Support, Inter-Campus Operations
BC Children's and BC Women's Hospitals
BC Children's and Women's Hospitals (C&W) is comprised of BC Children’s Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre and BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW). The Inter Campus Operations team at C&W is responsible for the ongoing strategic and service delivery of site operational plans. This team works in partnership with the medical and clinical operational leaders and operationalizes those plans for the C&W campus in support of the health care serivces for our patients and families.
The Manager of Administration and Business Support key accountabilites include:
- Providing leadership to a team of unionized staff in regards to workflow assignment and employee relations
- Assists with business planning and strategic development activities as directed by the leadership team
- Responsibility for the effective preparation and monitoring of program budgets and financial reports, contracts and invoicing, emergency/security preparedness, and administrative/clerical support for clinical programs.
What you’ll do
- Support the BC Children's and BC Women's hospitals Inter-campus Operations business plan and its implementation, with ongoing financial analysis, invoicing, contract management and monitoring and revision to facilitate alignment with strategic directions of the organization Provides input into the development of annual capital and operating budgets; conducts ongoing monitoring activities of the overall budgets and produces rationale for deficits; establishes and manages designated area budgets
- Provide oversight and support to develop, maintain, and/or revise clerical systems with BC Children's and BC Women hospitals.
- Provide leadership and guidance to unionized staff using effective management techniques to support the achievement of required outcomes and ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory and safety standards
- Plan, coordinate and implement the emergency preparedness, fire safety and security programs for the CDRP in consultation with appropriate resources
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or Health Care Management.
- A minimum of five (5) years recent, related health care experience.
- Proven leadership experience in a management role including successful management of staff in a unionized environment.
** This position is located onsite at BC Children's Hospital
- Self-motivated, demonstrated leadership, personal accountability and administrative successes.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and empower employees.
- Leadership in facilitating and adapting to changes while protecting the high standard of quality care and satisfaction of patients, employees, clients, stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate a variety of activities to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Demonstrated success in broad business skills including human resources, operations, development of business, strategic, financial, marketing and forecasting plans and project management, and preferably with a broad understanding of the clinical care process and multidisciplinary health care provision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to PHSA, C&W and UBC.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (until October 23, 2022)
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600 or 08:30 - 16:30
Requisition Number: 106032
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting is no longer accessible. Please please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for Ref:106032 position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.