More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager, Property & Asset Management FHA E4587
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA, safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA. As such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Property & Asset Manager is a key member of the facilities management team and is critical in ensuring the success of managing an assigned portfolio of leased and owned assets for the Provincial Health Services Authority. The Manager achieves real estate service goals by ensuring optimal operational maintenance of sites and due diligence on contract performance.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field, plus advanced courses in property management and a professional designation, supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related and progressive experience in property management within a health care environment.
- Current BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
- Ability to provide technical expertise, process management and business acumen to support the real estate department.
- Ability to strategically identify issues and analyzes alternatives to provide decision support.
- Ability to conduct needs analysis to support internal users and consultants.
- Ability to provide insight and analysis and influence decision-making.
- Ability to lead and direct an interdisciplinary team in a manner that fosters a motivational environment built on trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to plan and monitor budgets and execute real estate plans within stringent timelines.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software application.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours of Work: 08:30-16:30 Monday-Friday
Requisition #: 126393E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.