More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Medical Imaging Nurse, Radiology - BC Children's Hospital
Medical Imaging Nurse, Radiology
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching, and care evaluations to ensure patient records are current and complete.
- Provide emotional support and prepare patients for procedures prior to their visit to the department of MI, and for their follow up care afterwards.
- As part of the multidisciplinary MI team, ensure continuity of patient care while the patient is in MI by performing duties such as reviewing patient/family history, developing a care plan specific for the patient and family, communicating potential problems and special needs to other nursing staff and members of the health care team, and charting appropriate information.
- Participate as a member of the health care team through contributing information in patient and family care conferences, rounds or huddles, and staff meetings.
- Assess patient status prior to, during, and following MI procedures and communicate special needs to the MI team prior to imaging examination.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- One (1) year of recent Pediatric PACU experience in a tertiary level setting or one year of recent pediatric critical care experience in a tertiary level setting or a combination of pediatric critical care courses. Post Anesthetic nursing courses, Peri-Anesthesia Nursing Course or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience working in a Pediatric acute/critical care setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification.
You will also have the ability to:
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of child and youth developmental theory in addition to broad knowledge of British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards for nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Perform effective CPR techniques.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team, and function as a nursing resource.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Part-Time (0.50 FTE)
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Rotating Schedule; 0700 - 1500 to 1000 - 1800; on call coverage after hours
Requisition Numbers : 116850
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 5, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.