More than just a job.
As the successful candidate and a technologist certified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science, you will be part of a team that analyzes patient samples and produces results that healthcare practitioners rely on to make diagnoses. You will follow established protocols and utilize quality control guidelines to produce accurate laboratory test results. You will collaborate with highly trained colleagues in a technical, ever changing, analytical environment.
- Various Shifts
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take to be a successful Medical Lab Technologist at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinking
- Team player
LM Labs is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"My role as an MLT provides an opportunity for me to positively impact to the health of a patient who may be dealing with a serious medical condition."~ Len, Medical Lab Technologist, Richmond Hospital
"My role as an MLT allows me to be part of an amazing team that works extremely hard at reporting quality results for our patients."~ Kari, Medical Lab Technologist, Vancouver General Hospital
"Working as an medical technologist allows me to work with the latest technologies and alongside passionate caring people."~ Peter, Medical Lab Technologist, St. Paul's Hospital
"My role as an MLT gives me an opportunity to do a job I love and be an integral member of the health team that provides accurate and timely results that impacts the lives of patients."~ Angela, Medical Lab Technologist, Vancouver General Hospital
Benefits and Perks
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Defined benefit pension program
Medical Laboratory Technologist - Casual Opportunity
BC Children's & BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
$29.70 to $37.04 per hour
What you’ll do
- Obtain laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Perform Laboratory procedures and analyze results according to established policies.
- Prepare a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
What you bring
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Requisition Number: 92706
What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.