More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Nurse Clinician, Nursing Ambulatory Clinic - BC Children's Hospital
Nurse Clinician, Nursing Ambulatory Clinic
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Nurse Clinician, Nursing Ambulatory Clinic provides and coordinates nursing practice activities such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching and health promotion activities in a defined clinical area, consistent with established policies, standards of practice and philosophy at British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital.
What you’ll do
- Initiate and coordinate assessment and post assessment referrals; respond to patient, family and health care member enquiries and liaise with other support diagnostic/health services in coordinating patient referrals.
- Collaborate with nursing staff, medical staff, health care disciplines and community agencies/services to plan patient care in the clinic and community setting.
- Consult with nursing staff, nursing instructors and students to plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients and families.
- Promote and implement teaching for patients and families about illness prevention, maintenance and health promotion.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and students by role modeling and preceptoring.
- Consult with educational resources such as in-house/external agencies in developing and implementing continuing education and professional nursing practice development for BCCH nursing staff.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years’ recent related clinical nursing experience which includes ambulatory care or community health service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Make decisions in an independent manner in a clinical setting.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Function as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team and function as a nursing resource.
- Operate related equipment including a personnel computer.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time (until May 1, 2022)
Wage: $43.09 to $52.82 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri; 08:00 - 16:00
Requisition # 118108
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 19, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.