More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Nurse Educator Clinical Prevention Services, STD Education, Vancouver - BC Centre for Disease Control
Nurse Educator Clinical Prevention Services, STD Education, Vancouver
BC Centre for Disease Control - $43.09 - $52.82 per hour
What you’ll do
- Identify, analyse, and use relevant and valid information including research findings in the development of educational curriculum.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders the design and delivery of educational initiatives, educational programs, or other projects as appropriate.
- Participate in a collaborative manner to assist in the design and delivery of educational initiatives of other educational programs within Clinical Prevention Services and agency including Aboriginal Programs, Outreach, Hepatitis and the Provincial STI and TB Clinics.
- Lead and support development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of nursing certification and Decision Support Tools in partnership and under guidance of the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Set priorities when planning and providing educational programs to respond to Clinical Prevention Services and provincial public health educational needs.
- Teach using appropriate instructional methods and relevant theory in online, clinical, and workshop settings that may occur in collaboration with public health agencies throughout the province.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current certification in Reproductive Health – STI.
- Two (2) years’ experience in curriculum design and delivery, and clinical nursing practice education
- One (1) year of experience in nursing practice specific to the prevention and treatment of STI/HIV, Hepatitis, and/or TB.
- Demonstrated computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and Internet Explorer, and to access computerized multi-media resources for education.
You have the ability to
- Travel throughout the province of British Columbia.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Teach, facilitate and lead in online, clinical, and workshop and other various settings.
- Develop and present educational programs and materials.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Wage: $43.09 - $52.82 per hour
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 0830 - 1630
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 12, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.