More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Nurse Practitioner, Child & Youth Mental Health and Substance Use - Children's & Women's Health Centre
Child & Youth Mental Health and Substance Use, BC Children’s Hospital
We are seeking a passionate and innovative Nurse Practitioner to join the Mental Health program at BC Children’s Hospital.
The BC Children’s Child & Youth Mental Health & Substance Use Program is the only service of its kind in B.C. We are a trauma informed tertiary care service for the province. The Nurse Practitioner provides medical care for children and youth with mental health and substance use concerns. We provide care for children and youth with:
- Primary psychiatric illnesses with or without substance use
- Eating disorders
- Metabolic disorders
Our goal for this program is to provide patient and symptom-centered care with the support of our inter-professional team of health care providers. We emphasize that treatment choice takes patient preferences into account, and that self-care is supported as well as treatment. Central to this is the development of partnership in care and the facilitation of patient involvement in assessment and treatment decisions.
We are offering an opportunity to work with an award winning inter-professional team, to engage closely with patients who have experienced challenges to accessing care, and to be a pioneer in innovative Nurse Practitioner (NP) practices.
What you bring
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Eligibility to complete the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) through the BCCNP.
- A passion for innovation and working with children and youth with mental health concerns.
- Two to Three (2-3) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
- New graduate NPs are welcome and encouraged to apply, and will be provided with dedicated training and mentorship to help grow your Nurse Practitioner career.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- A commitment to your ongoing growth and professional development.
- The opportunity to work with an award winning inter-professional team on a campus that is passionate about making an impact in supporting NP practice.
- The opportunity to shape practice for NPs in the field of complex, chronic disease assessment and treatment.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Annual allowance for ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
For more information, contact Gurdeep Gill, Nursing Advisor: email@example.com or 604-875-7292.
Monday to Friday 08:00-16:00
4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC
Requisition Number: 95685
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 7, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.