More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Occupational Therapist 2, Eating Disorders - BC Children's Hospital
Occupational Therapist 2
Eating Disorders, BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver BC, $37.24 to $46.39 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide Occupational Therapy assessments using advanced skill, knowledge and clinical reasoning within assigned area.
- Apply advanced clinical knowledge and reasoning to the development and implementation of occupational therapy treatment programs for clients/patients including developing innovative solutions to assessment and treatment issues.
- Document information including relevant clinical data, assessments, treatment plans, progress reports and outcomes.
- Assess the need for specific client/patient equipment including home/lifestyle adaptations on and off-site and assists clients/patients and families to obtain specific equipment to meet the individual needs of the client/patient by performing duties such as communicating both verbally and in writing with agencies regarding the specific needs of the client/patient and requesting funding and liaising with suppliers regarding equipment needs.
- Maintain communication with clients/patients and families and/or caregivers in order to foster optimal progress for the client/patient through methods such as establishing and maintaining supportive, collaborative and therapeutic relationships. Develop and/or participate in client/family education including establishing treatment/care programs.
- Develop and/or participate in client/patient and family education including establishing treatment/care programs.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary groups and/or teams including individuals such as physicians, nursing staff and other paramedical professionals by performing duties such as providing consultation, clinical advice, input and suggestions related to the management of the referred client/patient or group of clients within assigned area to ensure that quality care is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
What you bring
- Baccalaureate in Occupational Therapy and licensure with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience including one (1) year in pediatrics or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- 50 hours of post graduate course work/training related to additional procedures, techniques and job functions for assigned area.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively in groups, one-on-one and in writing.
- Work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Function as a team member, motivator and facilitator.
- Provide effective consultation.
- Develop educational programs and materials.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Critically appraise research evidence.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Part-Time (0.80 FTE)
Wage: $37.24 to $46.39 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tuesday to Friday; 10:00-18:00
Requisition Number: 108526
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 23, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.