More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Patient Services Aide, Labour Delivery - BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
Patient Services Aide, Labour Delivery
BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre
What you’ll do
- Change, clean and remake Operating Room (OR)/ Labour Delivery Room (LDR)/ Assessment beds and stretchers.
- Restock OR/ Surgical Day Care (SDC)/ Post Anesthetic Recovery (PAR)/ LDR/ Assessment areas with Medical/Surgical Supplies and equipment. Report any concerns to Lead hand/ Charge Nurse/ Admin Coordinator.
- Clean and restock Anaesthetic machine and cart in OR area with necessary supplies and equipment. Report any concerns to Anaesthesia technologist.
- Clean instruments by rinsing/identifying and placing on an open tray for return to SPD. Report any missing instruments to OR Charge Nurse. Sterilize instruments by operating the autoclave as per established procedure.
- Maintain and restock supplies as required in various equipment, First Hours Of Life (FHOL), Fetal monitors, emergency carts etc.
- Clean and store specialized equipment as per established procedures.
What you bring
- Grade 10 completion
- One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Carry out the duties in a sterile environment.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Part-Time (0.36 FTE)
Wage: $23.73 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating; 0700-1500/1500-2300/2300-0700
Requisition Number: 113953
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 9, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.