More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Perioperative Clerk - BC Children's Hospital
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Perioperative Clerk performs a range of clerical functions such as data entry, maintaining of patient records, contacting patients, requisitioning supplies, typing and reception duties.
What you’ll do
- Perform receptionist duties which include answering telephones, taking messages or answering routine enquiries, receiving patients and visitors; respond to queries and/or direct queries to appropriate area and/or staff.
- Contacting patients to provide them with non-clinical surgical information, such as arrival times, fasting times.
- Responsible for computerized scheduling, pre-registration and registration of patients.
- Process patient registrations by documenting and/or collecting relevant patient information.
- Receive patients upon arrival to the unit, ensure patient demographics are accurate by confirming with the patient or guardian; admit/ transfer/ discharge patients using computerized Hospital registration system; notify staff of patients arrival.
- Assemble patient charts and verifies all required documentation is included according to predetermined guidelines; ensures test requisitions, results and pertinent information is included.
- Request and collect charts from Health Records; return charts no longer required.
- Under the direction of the Surgical Suite nursing staff, facilitate adjustments and additions to the OR and pre-admission slate by gathering patient and perioperative information, coordinating other facility services such as radiology, and notifying all appropriate areas of adjustment.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
You also have:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time (until November 4, 2022 or August 1, 2023)
Wage: $23.40 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 600-1400, 830-1630, 900-1700
Requisition # 130805 & 131192
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of Aug 4, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.