More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Pharmacy Assistant - BC Centre for Disease Control
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Pharmacy Assistant assists with the preparation and distribution of medications, and performs related administrative support duties.
What you’ll do
- Assist Pharmacists in the preparation of medications in accordance with established procedures and pharmaceutical practice by performing duties such as counting and measuring drugs, packing and labeling medication, repacking/pre-packing into unit standards, and compounding lotions, ointments, and creams under the direction of a Pharmacist.
- Produce labels, inputting data into computer programs, maintaining patient medication profiles, receiving and relaying phone & fax messages, packaging items for shipping/dispensing.
- Monitor supplies and equipment, takes inventories, consults with users, identify requirements, prepares order requisitions for signature, and maintains related stock control records.
- Liaise with supervisor or delegated Pharmacist regarding problems with inventory and related systems.
- Receive and check orders, verify accuracy of invoices, stock shelves, check stored medication for proper storage and dating, and distribute supplies.
- Refer discrepancies to supervisor.
- Perform administrative support duties such as, completing forms, compiling information and statistics, word processing, internet searches, electronic mail and sorting and distributing mail.
- Perform cleaning duties such as washing equipment and supplies, and cleaning work area.
What you bring
- Secondary school completion with emphasis on chemistry and mathematics.
- Completion of recognized pharmacy assistant program at a certificate level.
- One (1) year experience or equivalent as a Pharmacy Assistant.
You also have the ability to:
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with co-workers and the public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy routines and applications to the work environment for acceptable practices. Knowledge of pharmaceutical names and special storage requirements.
- Perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform physical functions of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Part-Time (0.40 FTE – until August 2, 2024)
Wage: $22.35 to $24.55 per hour
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 4R4
Hours of Work: Rotating Schedule; 0830-1630
Requisition # 130605
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC. BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 1, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.