More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Physiotherapist II NICU- BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Physiotherapist II focuses on promoting physical function, fitness and motor performance to contribute to a client’s/ patient’s overall cognitive, perceptual, social and emotional well-being within the context of a client and family centered care model for an assigned area within Children’s & Women’s Health Centre, a Provincial Resource Centre. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to newborns hospitalized in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Mother Baby Care (MBC).
What you’ll do
- Provide Physiotherapy assessments using advanced skill, knowledge and clinical reasoning within assigned area.
- Apply advanced clinical knowledge and reasoning to the development and implementation of Physiotherapy treatment programs for clients/ patients including developing innovative solutions to assessment and treatment issues.
- Document information including relevant clinical data, assessments, treatment plans and progress reports and care plans.
- Assess the need for specific client/patient equipment including home/ lifestyle adaptations on and off-site and assist clients/ patients and families to obtain specific equipment to meet the individual needs of the client/ patient by performing duties such as communicating both verbally and in writing with agencies regarding the specific needs of the client/ patient and requesting funding and liaising with suppliers regarding equipment needs.
- Maintain communication with clients/ patients and families and/ or caregivers in order to foster optimal progress for the client/ patient through methods such as establishing and maintaining supportive, collaborative and therapeutic relationships.
What you bring
- Baccalaureate Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and/or licensure with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience including one year working with the designated patient population within BC Children’s Hospital or BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Plus 50 hours of post graduate course work/training related to additional procedures, techniques or job functions for assigned area.
You will have the ability to
- Communicate effectively in groups, one-on-one and in writing.
- Work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Function as a team member, motivator and facilitator.
- Provide effective consultation.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Part-Time Opportunities (0.60 FTE)
Wage: $37.24 to $46.39 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number # 118016
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 02, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.