More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Portfolio Clerk Scheduling, Children and Women’s Health Centre, Vancouver BC
Portfolio Scheduling Clerk,
Children and Women’s Health Centre,
The Portfolio Clerk-Scheduling is responsible for performing scheduling & timekeeping duties for a portfolio including preparing and adjusting staff rotations and allocating and calling in relief staff using an electronic system.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and post staff rotations and schedules for units by reviewing master rotation and flow sheets transferring information into an electronic scheduling & timekeeping system, adjusting schedules to fill gaps, identifying staff shortages, and checking that staff with relevant skills is scheduled and/or available.
- Make arrangements for relief staff by performing duties such as receiving notification from staff and scheduling & timekeeping office, recording calls, making any necessary calculations, such as patient-staff ratios, determining availability of existing staff according to established procedures, contacting relief staff and forwarding information to Operations Manager. Answer inquiries related to scheduling & timekeeping issues and refer complex problems to Team leader Scheduling and Timekeeping Services as required.
- Allocate and call in staff to fill long and short term vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absence and sick leaves in accordance with applicable collective agreements, utilizing a computerized staff scheduling & timekeeping system, to ensure adequate staff coverage. Notify the Operations Manager of vacancies not filled and/or any difficulties, and posts designated hours according to departmental procedures.
- Receive and process requests such as vacation by preparing appropriate documentation, verifying seniority and vacation entitlements against established documents, completing vacation schedule and forwarding to Operations Manager for approval. Receive and process requests for leave of absence and/or terminations, make necessary calculations, complete documentation according to established timeframes and departmental procedures and forwards to applicable Operations Manager for approval; sends information to Employee Engagement as applicable.
- Liaise with client Manager and Human Resources regarding present & future staff scheduling & timekeeping needs, in order to anticipate any changes.
- Assist Manager with the line and rotation assignment and plotting of orientation shifts for new employees and in tracking and backfilling vacant positions until filled.
- Maintain related records and documentation such as attendance records, leave requests, and relief staff availability.
- Maintain equipment and stationary needs by performing duties such as replacing toner cartridge and film, arranging for repair when required, ordering supplies, completing various requisitions, obtaining authorizing signature as required, and forwarding requisitions to internal department.
- Type a variety of technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, memos, minutes, agendas, notices, reports, flow charts and spreadsheets.
- Provide receptionist functions by performing duties such as greeting staff and volunteers, answering telephones, taking and/or relaying messages, and responding to general enquiries related to vacation accumulation and pay policies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide scheduling & timekeeping related information to departments by performing duties such as compiling statistics from a computerized staff scheduling & timekeeping system, submitting to Operations Manager for review, and forwarding to appropriate department as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Temporary Full-Time Ending 12/31/2022
Location Vancouver BC
Wage $26.65 per hour
Hours of work 0700-1500/0800-1600
Reference number 131186
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
(BCW) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.