More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Portfolio Scheduling Clerk, Workforce Management Solutions - PHSA Corporate
Portfolio Scheduling Clerk, Workforce Management Solutions
What you’ll do
- Prepare and post staff rotations and schedules for units by reviewing master rotation and flow sheets transferring information into an electronic scheduling & timekeeping system, adjusting schedules to fill gaps, identifying staff shortages, and checking that staff with relevant skills is scheduled and/or available.
- Make arrangements for relief staff by performing duties such as receiving notification from staff and scheduling & timekeeping office, recording calls, making any necessary calculations, such as patient-staff ratios, determining availability of existing staff according to established procedures, contacting relief staff and forwarding information to Operations Manager. Answer inquiries related to scheduling & timekeeping issues and refer complex problems to Team leader Scheduling and Timekeeping Services as required.
- Allocate and call in staff to fill long and short term vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absence and sick leaves in accordance with applicable collective agreements, utilizing a computerized staff scheduling & timekeeping system, to ensure adequate staff coverage. Notify the Operations Manager of vacancies not filled and/or any difficulties, and post designated hours according to departmental procedures.
- Receive and process requests such as vacation by preparing appropriate documentation, verifying seniority and vacation entitlements against established documents, completing vacation schedule and forwarding to Operations Manager for approval. Receive and process requests for leave of absence and/or terminations, makes necessary calculations, complete documentation according to established timeframes and departmental procedures and forward to applicable Operations Manager for approval; send information to Employee Engagement as applicable.
- Liaise with Client Manager and Human Resources regarding present & future staff scheduling & timekeeping needs, in order to anticipate any changes.
- Assist Manager with the line and rotation assignment and plotting of orientation shifts for new employees and in tracking and backfilling vacant positions until filled.
- Maintain related records and documentation such as attendance records, leave requests, and relief staff availability.
- Maintain equipment and stationary needs by performing duties such as replacing toner cartridge and film, arranging for repair when required, ordering supplies, completing various requisitions, obtaining authorizing signature as required, and forwarding requisitions to internal department.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You are able to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
- Demonstrate awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and other related reports.
- Commit to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring -
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $27.77 per hour
Location: 1867 W. Broadway, Vancouver BC, V6J 1Y5
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0700-1500
Requisition # 142463E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 20, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.