More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Post Doctoral Fellow - BC Cancer Vancouver
Post Doctoral Fellow
Experimental Therapeutics, BC Cancer, Vancouver BC
What you’ll do
- Conducts regular cleanroom maintenance (cleaning/monitoring) activities between and during the manufacturing campaigns
- Participates in aseptic fill / finish simulation studies and product manufacturing fill/finish operations
- Develops and executes protocols and prepares reports under direction of Quality Management Unit of the IDP and the GMP Facility Manager.
- Participates in hands-on bench-batch product formulation development and scale-up projects as required
- Orders, receives and maintains general and specialized inventories for cleanroom manufacturing operations
- Assists in maintenance of cleanroom equipment calibration program
- Assists in equipment and materials cleaning, sterilization and transfer to the cleanroom for manufacturing campaigns
- Other related duties as required.
What you bring
- PhD degree in a related discipline (biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmacology)
- Experience in drug development (academic, industry or CRO environment) an asset
You will have
- Familiarity with Health Canada Good Manufacturing Practices regulations and guidelines related to working in the IDP Cleanroom facility
- An understanding of aseptic operations within the cleanroom environment and working knowledge of standard operating procedures an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skill.
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent project management skills.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until July 18, 2022)
675 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 830-1630
Requisition Number: 110714
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 15, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.