More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Post Doctoral Fellow, In Vivo Pharmacology - BC Cancer
Post Doctoral Fellow, In Vivo Pharmacology
Experimental Therapeutics, BC Cancer
What you’ll do:
- Manage and conduct in vivo studies in order to support various projects.
- Be responsible for compliance with IACC regulations including preparation of Animal Care Protocols for IACC approval.
- Develop specific study protocols with collaborators and the Director of Pharmacology, for the Investigational Drug Program.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of test materials, staff resources and animals to effectively conduct in vivo studies.
- Ensure that in vivo study protocols are adhered to.
- Prepare Study Reports.
- Participate in hands-on in vivo studies as required.
What you bring:
- PhD degree in a related discipline and more than five (5) years of directly related experience with in vivo cancer models with experience working in Industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in pre-clinical drug development in industry or CRO environment.
You will have
- Comprehensive knowledge of CCAC and IACC regulations and guidelines related to research activities in animals.
- Experience managing the activities of animal research staff.
- An understanding of operations within a barrier facility and working knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent project management skills.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-time (until May 4, 2022)
675 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 09:00 – 17:00
Requisition Number: 107491
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 4, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.