More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Post Doctoral Fellow, In Vivo Pharmacology - BC Cancer - Vancouver
Post Doctoral Fellow, In Vivo Pharmacology
The PDF will be responsible for the management and conduct of in vivo studies, including a diverse range of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, safety, toxicity and efficacy studies focusing on the development of therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
What you’ll do
- Manage the conduct of in vivo studies in order to support various projects.
- Responsible for compliance with IACC regulations including preparation of Animal Care Protocols for IACC approval.
- Develop specific study protocols in collaboration with collaborators and the Director of Pharmacology, the Investigational Drug Program.
- Schedule and co-ordinate all aspects of test materials, staff resources and animals to effectively conduct in vivo studies.
- Ensure that in vivo study protocols are adhered to.
- Prepare Study Reports.
- Participate in the hands-on conducts of in vivo studies as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- PhD degree in a related discipline
- More than Five (5) years of directly related experience with in vivo cancer models with experience working in Industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in pre-clinical drug development in industry or CRO environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CCAC and IACC regulations and guidelines related to research activities in animals.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience managing the activities of animal research staff.
- An understanding of operations within a barrier facility and working knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent project management skills.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time (Until September 05, 2023)
Salary: To be confirmed
Location: 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 1G1
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 131438E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 17, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.