More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Program Manager, Maternal Newborn Admin - BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Program Manager, Maternal Newborn Admin
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Program Manager, BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre is responsible for the effective and efficient management of interprofessional service delivery to women, babies and families.
What you’ll do
- Direct the strategic planning process and coordinate the process of operational planning within the Program and ensures alignment within patient care streams. Integrate specific goals and objectives into the activities of the clinical services ensuring linkages with individual performance plans, and quality initiatives. Lead Program service development and planning activities through work groups and projects, and monitor progress and outcomes. Initiate, recommend, implement and evaluate objectives, policies and procedures, and standards of practice related to women, babies and families.
- Prepare, monitor, and analyze staffing and operating, and capital budgets for the service delivery cost centres. Allocate and manage available resources within these budgets to ensure the delivery of interprofessional services within the Program.
- Manage the planning and implementation of patient assessments and care across the patient journey, ensuring that an overall high standard of care is attained and that principles of best practice and patient centred care are integral to service delivery activities.
- Monitor quality outcomes, and assist in the development of methodologies, quality indicators, evidence based outcomes, and Accreditation and audit activities in conjunction with the dyad Medical Director and Senior Director and Senior Medical Director.
- Create an environment of evidence-based practice that encourages participation in research, fosters personal growth, and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff. Recommend opportunities for staff involvement in research. Contribute to the identification, planning and evaluation of educational sessions for interprofessional staff throughout the service line
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing or a healthcare related degree, plus a minimum of seven (7) years related clinical experience, including two (2) years working in a managerial/leadership capacity.
You also have:
- Strong skills in operations management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of quality assurance process, operational planning and program development.
- Demonstrated ability, both written and oral, to communicate effectively with patients, families and staff.
- Demonstrated problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 131988E
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 26, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.