More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Project Coordinator, Transformation Leadership, Change & Enablement Office
Are you efficient and detail oriented? Provide effective support to our clinical teams so we can in turn provide the best health care to our patients.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the execution of projects, assuring they are done in an efficient manner, that they adhere to project protocols, that they conform to applicable institutional and ethical policies and procedures and privacy legislation, and that they are completed within the required timelines.
- Supervise staff or students assisting in large or complex projects.
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant information relating to current projects, and provides input and recommendations to project/program team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications.
- Present project updates to internal stakeholder groups, external agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key programs and initiatives under the identified mandate areas through a variety of vehicles.
- Actively support the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best practice-grounded strategies and activities for health professionals, policy/ decision makers, and the public in research, practice, and policy.
- In collaboration with Program Managers and/or Medical Directors, coordinate the implementation of approved recommendations resulting from research, best practice, and policy reviews.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences plus a five (5) years in a responsible research assistant, project coordinator, or policy analyst role in a health, social services, government, or community organization.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area; health systems and policy; population health, prevention, and health promotion; and knowledge exchange.
- Understanding of and practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation; relevant computer software applications; Internet search engines, websites, and navigation; funding structures and application processes; training and education; policy review and analysis; and facilitation, community development, and partnerships.
- Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, policy analysis, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Qualities including: creativity and innovation; sound judgment; tact and diplomacy; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment; sound negotiation, conflict management and consensus-building skills; excellent oral and written communications skills.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular, Full-Time
Location 1333 W Broadway, Vancouver
Work days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hours of work 830-430
Reference number #111870
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.