More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Project Manager I, Harm Reduction Program - BC Centre for Disease Control
Project Manager I, Harm Reduction Program
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Project Manager I leads and co-ordinates all aspects of the current projects undertaken by the department.
What you’ll do
- Establish detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables. Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components, consult with stakeholders as needed and ensure readiness for project implementation.
- Track project progress according to project plan and identified metrics. Monitor and report on the status of projects and major barriers encountered. Make recommendations to Director regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome. Implement or contribute to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of project budgets within the context of operations demands and environmental and resource constraints and use best practice methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Provide leadership by giving advice or guidance in situations that require interpretation and judgment.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) year’s recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Project Management Professional designation considered an asset.
You will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Experience or working knowledge of content areas is key to the success of this role.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (until March 01, 2023)
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00, 0830-16:30 or 09:00-17:00
Requisition Number: 125895E
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 02, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.