More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Psychologist, NICU - BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
Psychologist – Part-time, Temporary (Maternity leave)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre, Vancouver BC
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Adult psychology and family counselling are your professional passions in your current psychology practise, and you’re keen to gain additional hands-on experience with unique groups within your field of expertise. BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) has an interesting opportunity to work in a highly specialized role that focuses on parents of neonates – and the part-time schedule allows for continuation of your private practise (and/or time to pursue leisure pursuits in beautiful British Columbia). Bring your counselling, teaching, and support skills to BCW’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and join a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary team within a tertiary / teaching hospital setting.
What you’ll do
As Psychologist, the position provides clinical expertise on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at BC Women's Hospital providing psychological support using family-centred care approach. The role works in close collaboration with the multi-displinary team, including family members, physicians, nursing, social work, and family engagement advisors. Key duties include:
- Plan and organize the provision of services for specified programs or patient group(s), in consultation with the Head of Psychology or designate and in collaboration with the Clinic/Program Manager/Director.
- Participate in activities related to coordinating the multi-disciplinary team as required for the clinic/program service delivery.
- Coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of psychodiagnostic assessments and treatment services such as cognitive, educational and social/emotional evaluations and psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual or group therapy, behaviour management, play psychotherapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, parent groups.
- Document assessments, treatment plans and outcomes and advise other members of the treatment team.
- Function as a primary Psychology contact for treatment teams, individuals or persons serving identified patient groups.
- Make recommendations for program planning and/or evaluation and the revision of criteria and procedures for referrals, needs assessment and case documentation.
What you bring
- Current registration by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or eligibility for registration.
- Training at the doctoral level in child clinical and/or developmental psychology, pediatric neuropsychology, or a closely related area.
- Recent related experience in women’s and/or children, adolescent, psychodiagnostic, clinical and/or health care environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills related to report writing and to recording and managing data
- Strong communication skills and ability to present ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish priorities, develop/implement short-term and long-term objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, families, patients and other team members.
- Confident teaching techniques and ability to provide clear and concise instruction.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, part-time
Wage: $46.27 to $57.86 hourly
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC V4H 2N9
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays; 0800-1600h
Requisition # 113019
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.