More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Psychologist-Shapedown (ability to work remotely)
Psychologist, Shapedown Program
BC Children’s Hospital, $45.36 to $56.58 per hour
Due to Covid 19 this position has the ability to work remotely.
BC Children's Hospital's Shapedown program provides a holistic approach to weight management for children, adolescents, and their families.
What you’ll do
- In consultation with the Director of Psychology and the Shapedown Program Coordinator, plan and organize the provision of psychological services to patients.
- Provide a range of treatment services for the patient group, including such psychotherapeutic interventions as individual or group therapy and cognitive-behaviour management.
- Participate in coordinating team activities.
- Initiate and carry out creative research, either independently or in conjunction with other professionals, to investigate children and youth with disordered eating and obesity, related mental and health disorders, and the impact of disordered eating on the individual and on the family.
- Organize and present information for both research and educational purposes. Prepare submissions and develop and deliver topical presentations to multidisciplinary, local, national, or international audiences.
- Coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of psycho-diagnostic assessments, including assessments of cognitive, social/emotional adjustment, executive function and learning and development, and associated conditions for children and adolescents seen in the Shapedown Program.
What you bring
- Doctorate in Psychology.
- Registration (or eligibility) with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia. If eligible, registration must completed within one year of hiring date.
- Certification as a Shapedown Weight Management Program® provider.
- Recent related experience in child, adolescent, psycho-diagnostic, clinical and/or health care environment.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and families with disordered eating and obesity.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, or to apply, contact Kristen Neeser, Advisor, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
- Note: Due to COVID-19, opportunity exists for this to be a remote work position.
Job Type: Temporary Part-Time (To March 2022; 0.60 FTE)
Wage: $45.36 to $56.58 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hous of Work: Monday/Wednesday/Thursday; MW 0800 - 1600, Th 1200-2000
Requisition Number: 103627
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 11, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.