More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Psychologist - Sunny Hill Health Centre, BC Children’s Hospital
Sunny Hill Health Centre, BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, $45.36 to $56.58 per hour
What you’ll do
- Plan and organize the provision of services for specified programs or patient group(s), in consultation with the Head of Psychology or designate and in collaboration with the Clinic/Program Manager/Director (if applicable).
- Participate in activities related to coordinating the inter-disciplinary team as required for the clinic/program service delivery.
- Coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of psychodiagnostic assessments and treatment services such as cognitive, educational and social/emotional evaluations and psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual or group therapy, behaviour management, play psychotherapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, parent groups.
- Document assessments, treatment plans and outcomes and advise other members of the treatment team.
- Function as a primary Psychology contact for treatment teams, individuals or persons serving identified patient groups.
What you bring
- Current registration by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or eligibility for registration.
- Training at the doctoral level in child clinical and/or developmental psychology, pediatric neuropsychology, or a closely related area.
- Recent related experience in women’s and/or children, adolescent, psychodiagnostic, clinical and/or health care environment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $45.36 to $56.58 per hour
3644 Slocan Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0830 - 1630
Requisition Number: 97377
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will expire August 31, 2020. Please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.