More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Receptionist, Functional Imaging - BC Cancer Vancouver
Receptionist, Functional Imaging
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Act as receptionist by performing duties such as receiving and directing patients and visitors, answering telephones, taking and/or relaying messages, responding to inquiries from physicians’ offices and patients related to appointments and/or release of information, and responding to general enquiries in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Receive requisitions, determine patient appointment priority by evaluating patient information such as patient history, test results and pertinent reports, schedules appointments according to established priorities and based on degree of urgency and type of test or procedure, and issues related patient information and instructions to other departments. Ensure proper room and time allowance are correct. Consult with Technical Manager, Chief PET Technologist or Medical Director if any booking difficulties are encountered.
- Ensure that incoming requisitions have correct and complete information and that patient appointments have been scheduled. File requisitions in chronological order.
- Coordinate any changes to physician appointments; rebook examination appointments with departments and on occasion contacts patients directly. Note rescheduled times on requisitions.
- Arrange Functional Imaging appointment bookings, ensure patient screening and exam preparations are complete, make arrangements in accordance with patient and outside facility requirements. Prepare daily schedule for staff physicians and technologists.
What you bring
- Grade 12, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will also have the ability to:
- Keyboard at 55 w.p.m
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
- Organize work.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Saturday: 0700-1500/0730-1530/0800-1600/0930-1730/1030-1830/11-1900
Requisition Number: CAS-PET-DEC
What we do
BC Cancer (BCC) bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BCC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.