More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse - Chemotherapy Unit - BC Cancer Vancouver
Registered Nurse – BC Cancer Vancouver
Utilizing evidence-based practice, as the Registered Nurse you are responsible for providing holistic nursing care to oncology patients during their cancer care experience, including, but not limited to: assessment, intervention, symptom management, treatment coordination and administration, teaching, counselling, support and follow up consistent with established policies and standards of care.
Play a pivotal role helping patients fight cancer.
What you’ll do
- Use your expertise to support people facing some of life’s biggest challenges.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Participate in research and clinical trials.
What you bring
You are a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM),
- Current CPR (Level C) certification and
- One (1) year of recent related experience
- You also have a proven ability to set priorities and organize patient care.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Chemotherapy certification provided by BC Cancer
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job Type: Casual On Call
Location: 600 W.10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Hours of Work: 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730, 1000-1800, 1030-1830
Days of Work: On Call 5 days/week between Monday to Saturday including stats
What we do
BC Cancer (bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.) PHSA provides specialty health care services across BC. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect People ● Be compassionate ● Dare to innovate ● Cultivate partnerships ● Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA: jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.