More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Endoscopy/Brachytherapy PARR, RT Program - BC Cancer Vancouver
Registered Nurse, Endoscopy/Brachytherapy PARR, RT Program
BC Cancer Vancouver, $35.53 to $46.65
What you’ll do
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Nursing department’s philosophy, conceptual framework, and standards of practice.
- Function as a member of the health team by:
- Identifying patient needs and consulting with members of other health care disciplines as necessary.
- Communicating patient-related information to health team members through documentation in the patient’s chart and the provision of written and/or oral reports.
- Participating in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Function as endoscopy/PARR nurse for special procedures and post-operative recovery.
- Admit, transfer, or discharge patients according to Agency policies and Clinic/Nursing department directives.
- Assist the patient in interpretation of the treatment plan and ensure patients and families are aware of services available at the Agency and in the community.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PARR Certification course or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR (Level C) certification.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-time (10/08/2021, FTE 0.50)
Wage: $35.53 to $46.65
600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating: 0700-1500 / 0730-1530 / 0800-1600 / 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 102380
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.