More than just a job.
Work with the innovative cancer care teams responsible for the highest patient survival rate in Canada. BC Cancer is internationally renowned for excellence in clinical care and research, and our nurses are highly valued members of our teams. Join us and apply your patient-care expertise while delivering leading-edge, evidence-based treatments in a positive, rewarding work environment. While you support our patients during a crucial time, we’ll support you by providing modern cancer care facilities, leading edge technology, continuing education, professional development, and certification programs.
- Specialty Nursing
- Day Job
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take to be a successful oncology nurse at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- BC Cancer is committed to providing a comprehensive, provincially-planned, and regionally-delivered cancer control system for the residents of British Columbia.
- Its mandate covers the full spectrum of cancer care from prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment, to research and education, to supportive and palliative care.
"I love the patients. I love their stories, I love that they're motivated to be well. I've never worked with a patient group that's been so motivated to be well."~ Mary Beth, RN, BC Cancer Prince George
"Everybody comes from different backgrounds, whether it's their own life background or nursing background, so there's a massive pool of resources to draw from. It's comforting and comfortable to know you have this great group of people to work with, and to support."~ Roger, RN, BC Cancer Prince George
"I just love my job. It’s so rewarding, it’s so motivating, it’s so humbling, it’s so wonderful. The patients are what make the job. We get to know them so well, and just to give them a little bit of hope and encouragement and lots of TLC along the way. That’s what I love."~ Janice, RN, BC Cancer Vancouver
"I love the schedule. I used to work inpatient, and it was difficult. It really does change your relationship with the people you're close to. And now I have a position where I get to work 8:00 to 4:00, Monday to Friday. It's a normal job. I get weekends off. I get holidays off. It makes work/life balance that much easier, which I really enjoy."~ Liz, RN, BC Cancer Abbotsford
Benefits and Perks
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Locations throughout BC
Registered Nurse, Inpatient Unit – BC Cancer Vancouver
Location: 600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver BC
Casual Opportunities Available
Wage: $34.83-$45.73 per hour
Play a pivotal role helping patients fight cancer.
What you’ll do
- Use your expertise to support people facing some of life’s biggest challenges.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Participate in research and clinical trials.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts.
What you bring
You are a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP),
- Current CPR (Level C) certification and
- One (1) year of recent related experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
You also have a proven ability to set priorities and organize patient care.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
What we do
BC Cancer (bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.) PHSA provides specialty health care services across BC. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect People ● Be compassionate ● Dare to innovate ● Cultivate partnerships ● Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA: jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.