More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Cath Lab - BC Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Cath Lab
BC Children’s Hospital
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
The Registered Nurse provides individualized and intensive care to patients undergoing cardiac interventional procedures by collaborating with other health care professionals to enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
What you’ll do
- Maintain patient records by performing activities such as collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Plan direct care for the pediatric patient by performing activities such as reviewing patient/family history, developing a care plan specific for the patient and family and meeting with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan.
- Provide direct patient care and collaborate with other members of the health care team to evaluate family centered patient care in the particular setting.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and students by preceptoring and role-modeling.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years recent related Cath Lab/IR and/or intensive care experience required.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level I
You also have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary care team and function as a nursing resource.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity?
Regular, Part-Time (0.8 FTE)
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of work: Rotating Schedule; 0700-1500, 0730-1530, 0900-1700 plus call
Requisition Number: 115873
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 20, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.