More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Labour & Delivery (Birthing) - BC Women's Hospital
Registered Nurse - Labour & Delivery (Birthing) Unit - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Interested in joining BC Women's Birthing (Labour & Delivery) Unit?
We have Regular/Temporary Full/Part Time Opportunities
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
A new life. A new beginning. A new opportunity to use the skills and expertise you have gained throughout the years to make a real difference in the lives of new children and new mothers. It all begins here … at BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre. Come join and be part of the Birthing Unit team as it transforms and supports the future of women and newborn care.
We are seeking Acute Perinatal Nurses experienced in birthing (labour & delivery) to be part of an exceptional interdisciplinary team.
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent (2) years of related experience in perinatal nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
What we bring
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
- Ongoing education and support to enhance your nursing practice
We welcome applicants from across Canada and Internationally.
** For details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility, please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre, Vancouver
Hours of work: Rotation (12 hours shifts)
* For details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility or work visa support, please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: email@example.com
What we do:
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre, BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate• Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
For more information about BC Women's Hospital & Women's Health Centre, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca
For more information on all PHSA nursing opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.