More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse/New grad- Oncology BC Children's Hospital
We currently have full time and temporary lines on our pediatrick oncology unit. Relocation of up to $5000 for nurses out of province available.
Pediatric Oncology/Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse
BC Children's Hospital
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Use your skills to help children with cancer (and their families) get through some of the most challenging times in their lives.
As a nurse in our Oncology/Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant team, you will have a lifelong impact on countless families while working in the state-of-the-art, Teck Acute Care Centre.
You will also be supported in growing professionally. You can
- Take advantage of training in advanced oncology nursing care, biotherapy and chemotherapy administration, and/or blood and marrow transplantation,
- Take on leadership roles, subspecialty nurse clinician roles, or work in the apheresis program
Our care team is known for its culture of collaboration, mutual respect, and compassionate family-centred care. Join us in transforming child health in BC.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM) and
- One year recent related experience in acute pediatrics and/or an equivalent combination of acute pediatric education and experience.
- Further specialty education in pediatric, such as the BCIT pediatric specialty courses – Pediatric Theory 1 & 2, preferred.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time for one year
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.