More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse/New Graduates, Postpartum/Perinatal - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
New Graduate/Registered Nurse - Postpartum/Acute Perinatal
Hiring today for January 2022 - Additional Intake
BC Women's Hospital welcomes newly graduate nurses interested in building their career as a perinatal nurse!
BC Women's Hospital's Acute Perinatal Program is seeking Registered Nurses to join their team!
What you'll do
- Operate in a continuously changing environment, and will provide nursing to patients in all three areas of obstetrics, including antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of women patients, their fetus or newborn, and provide emergency care for the woman-fetus-newborn in crisis.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate the in-hospital experience in collaboration with the patient, her family and the physician/midwifery team.
- Provide patient teaching and care, focusing on health promotion. You will also help develop and revise policies and participate on committees as required.
What you bring
- Graduated of an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 2 years related experience in perinatal nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of BCIT's Perinatal Theory 1 course or equivalent is preferred
- Current CPR/Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.