More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Operating Room - BC Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse, Operating Room
BC Children's Hospital
3 Regular Full Time Opportunities Available
Imagine your Skills, Imagine the Team, Imagine your Career
Watch our team in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcxIo3SfsI
BC Children's OR nurses provide family-centered perioperative nursing care in alignment with the standards established by the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC), and PHSA values.
- Plan direct care for the patient by performing activities such as reviewing patient/family history, developing a care plan specific for the patient and family, and meeting with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan.
- Provide direct patient care in accordance with the standards established by the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) and collaborates with other members of the interprofessional healthcare team to provide family-centered care in the particular setting.
- Maintain patient records by performing activities such as collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching, and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of all new learners on the interprofessional care team, in accordance with ORNAC standards, by role modeling, precepting, and mentoring, under the direction of the unit educators.
- Participate as a member of the healthcare team through contributing participating in rounds, committees, and professional practice groups.
You have the following Education, Training, and Experience:
- Successful completion of a post-graduate program in Operating Room Nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professional (BCCNP)
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level I.
You possess these skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively with patient and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
Reference #90204, 90203 & 90198
Regular Full Time
Monday to Sunday: As per rotation: 0730-1530, 0730-1730, 1515-2315, 2315-0715 + Call
Location: Vancouver, BC
What’s in it for you
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
- Relocation support may be available ***
What we do:
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 17, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the BC Children's Hospital, please visit the website at www.bcchildrens.ca/
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.