More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) - Gynecology Surgical Services, BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Registered Nurse, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit - Gynecology Surgical Services
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre Gynecology Surgical Day Care Services is growing their team!
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre promotes the best care for women, newborns and families through direct care delivery, shared care models and outreach and consultation support to health care providers.
Our Registered Nurses, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit in our Gynecology Surgical Day Care Services specialize in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
As a member of the Nursing team, you will experience the opportunity to:
- Work on a rotating work schedule Monday to Friday with no evenings, weekend or on-call shifts
- Support two streams of service:
- General gynecology with anesthesia support
- Hysteroscopic gynecology which provides the opportunity to be trained in nurse administered procedural
- Work with a passionate inter-professional team committed to delivering the best care for women & families.
- Expand your PACU & OR nursing skills to specialize in women health
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- One (1) year of recent PACU or critical care experience or a combination of Critical Care Courses and Post Anaesthetic nursing courses or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to women and their families.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Requisition Numbers & Schedules:
- 106508 - Monday to Friday; 0910-1800 - Alternating Friday’s
- 106510 - Monday to Friday; 0910-1800 - Alternating Friday’s
- 106512 - Monday to Friday; 0910-1800 - Alternating Friday’s
- 106513 - Monday to Thursday 0730-1620, Friday 0830-1720
- 106514 - Varies: 0730-1620, 0910-1800
- 106515 - Monday to Friday; 0730-1620 - Alternating Monday’s
- 106516 - Monday to Friday; 0730-1620 - Alternating Monday’s
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 11, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.