More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse, Pre-Anesthesia - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Registered Nurse, Pre-Anesthesia - Gynecology Surgical Day Care Services
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre promotes the best care for women, newborns and families through direct care delivery, shared care models and outreach and consultation support to health care providers.
Our Registered Nurses in our Gynecology Surgical Day Care Services specialize in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
What you’ll do
- Conduct baseline nursing assessment by interviewing patients/families and compiling relevant data from multiple sources. Subsequently identify the risks, and important information from the patient/family’s perspective, and the key priorities in the development and implementation of an individualized appropriate patient plan of care in the preparation for their surgery.
- In accordance with ASPAN and NAPANC guidelines, take action in resolving complex patient needs during their pre-anesthesia appointment, and in relation to pre- procedure issues to prevent day of surgery delays and/or enhance overall coordination of care. Collaborate with other interdisciplinary team members and reorganize priorities and revise patient plan of care as appropriate.
- Participate in the coordination of patient care by liaising and communicating with a range of health care professionals and other departments/resources internal or external to the hospital to provide information on the patient’s status. Monitor patient lab and/or diagnostic test results, communicate abnormal results to the interprofessional team, and take appropriate action as required.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients/families and acts as a client advocate to ensure all the required documentation is completed.
- Participate in activities, including research and Quality Improvement projects that are required to enhance and optimize the delivery of care consistent with established policies, standards and philosophy at C&Ws and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in acute, tertiary, surgical care environment including demonstrated experience in multiple surgical services and recent PACU (pediatric PACU experience required for BCCH only) experience in a tertiary level setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (applicable to BCCH only).
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (applicable to BCWH only).
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 08:30-16:30
Requisition Number: 112964
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 13, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.