Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse - Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & AddictionApply Now Apply Later
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary level mental health services to residents across all geographic areas in BC. These include Adult Forensic Psychiatric Services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital plus six regional clinics. BC Mental Health & Addiction Services acts as a support and resource to service providers across the province, and contributes to research and education.
BC Mental Health & Addiction Services is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC.The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse - Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction
Reference # 63077
Temporary Full-Time (Until 30 April, 2018)
Wage: $32.94 to $43.24 per hour
Work Hours: 0700-1900 / 1900-0700
28 – 3405 Willingdon Ave.
The Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse provides nursing care to individuals with concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, homelessness and physical health needs. The Clinic Nurse provides direct health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues. Performs physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments, refers clients to the physician for further examination, and administers prescribed treatments and medications. Observes monitors, evaluates and documents client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and performs a variety of health care interventions. The Clinic Nurse provides education and support to clients/groups using a health promotion approach. Works collaboratively with other health care professionals, client, family and community.
Education, Training and Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC) or as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Two (2) years’ recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of community health nursing theory including mental health and addictions, communicable diseases and practice within a client/family -centered approach.
- Working knowledge of CRNBC's Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Knowledge of the BC Mental Health Act, other facilities and community resources.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events
- Demonstrated case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
We invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of 15 October, 2017. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
External applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all the nursing careers that PHSA has to offer, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities