More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Chemotherapy Unit, BC Cancer Vancouver, BC
Registered Nurse (RN), Chemotherapy Unit
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Provide direct patient care to Oncology patients by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history and developing and implementing a nursing care plan specific to the patient needs considering psychosocial, cultural, ethnic contexts. Deliver treatment as per prescribed protocols.
- Collaborate with patients, family and multidisciplinary team members to develop treatment/care plan for the patient and through ongoing assessment, assist in the modification of the treatment/care plan as the patient progresses through the stages of care.
- Administer medications, injections, blood products and IV fluids as required by the care plan. Monitor patient reactions to treatment and changes in physical or mental status and uses independent judgment as to when to consult a physician.
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting patient information and health care history, nursing assessment, telephone communications, symptom and side effect management, patient and family education and care evaluations.
- Admit, transfer or discharge patients according to BC Cancer Agency policies and Centre directives.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will also have demonstrated:
- Relevant clinical knowledge.
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice.
- Ability to utilize clinical and information technology to enhance patient care in accordance with agency policies.
- Communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Chemotherapy certification provided by BC Cancer
- Comprehensive BC Cancer nursing orientation program for all new nurses joining the team!
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating (Monday to Saturday); 0730, 0800, 0830, 0900, 0930, 1000, 1030
Requisition # 115956
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.