More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit - BC Children’s Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you a Registered Nurse, passionate about providing care to a pediatric population? Join the Intensive Care Unit at BC Children’s Hospital!
What you’ll do
- Provide direct patient care by implementing the care plan, and collaborates with other members of the health care team to evaluate family-centered patient care in the particular setting.
- Plan direct care for the patient by performing activities such as reviewing patient/family history, developing a care plan specific for the patient and family, and meeting with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan.
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching, and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Teach patients, family members, or other care-givers by providing and explaining information, demonstrating procedures and use of equipment, checking the learners’ use of procedures, techniques and equipment, and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the selected teaching methods.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and students by preceptoring and mentoring.
- Identify own learning needs, reviews these with the Program Manager or designate, and engage in learning activities to meet these needs such as attending in-services.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of recent, related experience in the designated clinical area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team and as a nursing resource.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Eight (8) Regular, Full-Time Opportunities
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating; 07:00-19:15 / 19:00-07:15
Requisition # 128832E, 128834E, 128838E, 128839E, 128840E, 128842E, 128844E, and 128846E
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 26, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.