More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse (RN)/New Grad RN, Pediatric Oncology - BC Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN)/New Grad RN, Pediatric Oncology/Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a Registered Nurse, experienced or new graduate, with a huge amount of compassion for the extra-special care required by pediatric patients and their families as they navigate through the journey of cancer care. Bring your desire to serve and care for others to BC Children’s Hospital, and work in a state-of-the art facility with access to ongoing leadership and specialty training.
The Pediatric Oncology Unit currently has multiple full-time/temporary lines available, with relocation allowance of up to $5000 available for RNs successfully hired from out-of-province.
What you’ll do
RNs are vital members of the Oncology/Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant team at BC Children’s Hospital. Together, team members work in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect while delivering compassionate, family-centred care to patients and their families from across British Columbia. The team works from the Teck Acute Care Centre in Vancouver. Along with providing excellent patient care, RNs can access opportunities for professional career development, including:
- Training in advanced oncology nursing care, biotherapy and chemotherapy administration, and/or blood and marrow transplantation
- Move into specialized roles including leadership positions, subspecialty nurse clinician roles, or work within the apheresis program
What you bring
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM) and
- 1 year of recent related experience in acute pediatrics and/or an equivalent combination of acute pediatric education and experience.
- Further specialty education in pediatric, such as the BCIT pediatric specialty courses – Pediatric Theory 1 & 2, is an asset.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary (1 year), Multiple Opportunities
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.