More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse (RN)/New Grad RN, Specialty Medicine/ Medical Inpatient Unit - BC Children's Hospital
We currently have several full time and temporary lines on our Medical Inpatient Unit. Relocation of up to $5000 for nurses out of province available.
Registered Nurse (RN)/New Grad RN, Specialty Medicine/ Medical Inpatient Unit
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you a Registered Nurse, passionate about providing care to a pediatric population? Join the Medical Inpatient Unit at BC Children’s Hospital!
Learn more about this opportunity and hear from the leadership team in our virtual info session January 26, 2022 from 3-5pm.
Please RSVP in advance to Jean at Jean.Zhai@phsa.ca by January 16, 2022.
What you’ll do
- Plan and provide direct patient care by reviewing patient/family history, developing care plans specific to the patient and family, and meeting with other members of the health care team to discuss and review care plans.
- Act as a clinical resource/support person to patients, families and nursing/health care professionals by explaining the theoretical rationale for nursing decisions.
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting health care information, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching, and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Teach patients, family members, or other caregivers by demonstrating procedures and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the selected teaching methods.
- Through mentoring and preceptorship, participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and students.
- In tandem with your manager, identify own learning needs and engage in learning activities, such as in-services, to meet these needs.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of recent, related experience in the designated clinical area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families.
- Demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary care team and as a nursing resource.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Five (5) Regular, Full-Time Opportunities
$36.23 to $47.58 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Schedule: 0700-1900; 1900-0700
Requisition Numbers: 118210, 120538, 120628
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 21, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help