More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse/Specialty Training, Labour & Delivery (Birthing)April 2020 Intake
Registered Nurse, Specialty Training - Labour & Delivery (Birthing) Unit
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
We are now accepting applications for our January 2021 Specialty Training Program
New graduates with the prerequisites are welcome and encouraged to apply!
The Teck Acute Care Centre is the heart of BC Children's Hospital and BC Women's Hospital's commitment to providing the best care to the children, women and families of BC. Newborns, children and expectant mothers from all around the province will be cared for in this state-of-the-art facility that focuses on providing an innovative healing environment for the entire family.
What we offer:
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Enrollment and support through BCIT's Perinatal Theory 2 course
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
- Ongoing education and support to enhance your nursing practice
What you have:
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Recent (2) years of related experience in perinatal nursing OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of BCIT’s Perinatal Theory 1 course
- Current CPR and/or Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
** Qualified Applicants will be directly contacted for interview in Mid September 2020
** Questions? Contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
What’s in it for you
BC Women’s Hospitalis part of PHSA. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre, BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve. For more information about BC Women's Hospital & Women's Health Centre, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca
BCW is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate• Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.