More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse - Specialty Training Operating Room (OR)
Are you an experienced nurse?
Are you interested in perioperative nursing?
Are you ready to be part of an incredible team?
BC Children’s Hospital is now accepting applications for it's AORN Specialty Training February 2021 Cohort!
** Newly graduated nurses are welcome to apply
Check out our fabulous OR team at BC Children's Hospital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcxIo3SfsI
Experience the benefits of:
- Being part of a team that is committed to providing the best care for children and their families
- Participating in a five (5) month employer-paid AORN Perioperative Training Program -
- This program is complete with 7 weeks of instructor-led education with OR simulation, OR preceptor days + 3 months of consolidation period + examination for certification
- Working at BC Children’s Hospital's Teck Acute Care Centre, a state of the art facility
- Graduated from an approved program of Nursing Education.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Relate effectively to children and their families and others.
- Function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Semonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Organize work
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
Regular Full Time
Monday - Sunday, rotating schedule
Location: BC Children's Hospital
** Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 27th, 2020
For more information, contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do:
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
For more information about BC Children's Hospital, please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
For more information careers that PHSA has to offer, please visit: jobs.phsa.ca