More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registration/Booking Clerk, Ambulatory Clinics - BC Children's Hospital
Registration/Booking Clerk, Ambulatory Clinics
BC Children's Hospital
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Schedule and book patient appointments and follow-up appointments which includes booking complex interdisciplinary appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with patient and departmental requirements and notifying both patient and clinician, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location are provided to patient, and placing appointment reminder calls to patients/families.
- Receive and register patients within a computerized scheduling system upon arrival. Ensure patient demographics and appropriate information is complete and accurate and follows up with appropriate parties as necessary. Advise appropriate professional that the patient has arrived.
- Perform referral functions including duties such as gathering additional/missing information, performing data entry, and receiving and processing related paperwork. Schedule new referrals based on established criteria and works with physicians, clinic nurses and other allied health professionals to appropriately schedule referrals based on clinical indicators.
- Perform receptionist and other clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files as necessary, greeting patients and families, printing daily and/or monthly schedules, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Assemble and maintain client charts by utilizing appropriate forms and layout in accordance with established procedures and filing documentation. Telephone physicians’ offices or hospitals to request client information/documentation to ensure accuracy of records and charts.
- Maintain a variety of records by performing duties such as data entry, collating information, maintaining log sheets and patient statistics on items such as client/patient attendance, treatment types, client/patient or treatment cancellations, and waitlist information. Follow up with appropriate team members as necessary.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12
- Two (2) years’ recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
You will have the ability to:
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time (0.80 FTE – until Feb 26, 2022)
Wage: $23.40 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 3N1
Hours of Work: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; 1100-1900 Monday Tuesday Thursday, 0830-1630 Saturday
Requisition # 115740
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 18, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.