More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registry Clerk Screening Programs - BC Cancer Vancouver
Registry Clerk, Screening Programs
What you’ll do
- Perform diagnostic and follow-up procedural data capture from laboratory reports, pathology reports, and hospital-based clinical information in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines. Utilize coding systems and resources as required to code and abstract diagnostic and procedural data. Input the data into the electronic Screening Registry databases.
- According to established procedures, identify and clarify errors and omissions; follow up on discrepancies by reviewing information on the available forms; telephoning, faxing or sending letters to hospitals or physicians’ offices; and entering corrections into the Screening Program databases.
- Maintain and update client status and follow-up information in the Screening Registry databases to support client screening follow-up; utilize sources such as returned and non-deliverable follow-up letters, communication from clients and/or physicians, BC Cancer Registry, Ministry of Health, and Vital Statistics. Maintain an Excel spreadsheet to summarize and track information.
- Determine the necessity to pursue further diagnostic information by reading reports and, based on report recommendations and departmental procedures, identifying whether clients are expected to have further diagnostic testing.
- Support quality assurance for case reviews by identifying cases for review in accordance with established criteria; includes requesting, assembling, entering data, and returning relevant materials (i.e. diagnostic films, summary printouts and reports) to external sources.
What you bring
- Comepletion of Grade 12.
- One (1) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
You have the ability to
- Keboard at 50 W.P.M
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $22.98 per hour
686 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 114481
What we do
BC Cancer (BCC) provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BCC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 22, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.