More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Research Assistant - Administrative
Research Assistant – Administrative
Children's & Women's Health Center
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Reporting to the Director, Research, the Administrative Assistant, Research is responsible for providing administrative support to the Institute, its research clusters, and its members on a wide range of projects and workflow functions, and will exercise judgment regarding how to organize material for access and use by others. The Administrative Assistant, Research will support a variety of functions and projects dealing with very sensitive and confidential issues that often have significant impact on the organization. The Administrative Assistant, Research works independently and communicates with internal and external stakeholders to share information related to academic, research, financial and administrative objectives of the Institute, clarify details and answer questions in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
What you’ll do
- Conducts Research literature searches and reviews.
- Organize and submits completed research and infrastructure grant applications.
- Attend research team meetings, as required.
- Organize and maintain various research filing systems.
- Enhance communications with institute members.
- Manage and update WHRI member’s CV’s.
- Create simple databases and data entry and maintenance in Excel and Access.
- Work in close partnership with and, where applicable, provide coverage for the Executive Director’s Executive Assistant
- Take responsibility for website updating
- Track and record WHRI member and institute research metrics, including applications and outcomes for research funding, member publications and presentations, using the UBC research administration tool, the RISe system, where applicable
- Perform other research & administrative related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree plus understands the process of research projects from proposals to publications. Ability to type 60 w.p.m. Is proficient in computer applications using word processing, database and spreadsheets and electronic communication. Experince with journal article indices and databases. Is familiar with the UBC research administration tool is considered an asset. Experience with the management of research funding is desirable. Ability to interact and communicate soundly with all levels of staff. Ability to work independently and as a team member. Ability to work within time frames, organizing multiple tasks and under competing pressures. Ability to deal with confidential information in a tactful manner. Physical ability to perform duties of the job.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary range: to be confirmed. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 4500 Oak St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 0800-1600 Flexibility required per operational demands (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 152303E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 25, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.