More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Research Project Assistant, Eating Disorders - BC Children's Hospital
Research Project Assistant, Eating Disorders
BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver BC
What you’ll do
- Assist in the recruitment of suitable research project participants by performing duties such as contacting eligible participants, communicating research projects goals and processes to participants, answering participant questions and reviewing and witnessing consent forms.
- Collect data for research by administering questionnaires or extracting data from hospital health records as directed by the Manager or PI.
- Type consent forms as directed and assembles research participant packages with appropriate documents according to PI’s and ethics guidelines.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information and clarify details on specific research project and data such as number of participants enrolled.
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets and enters project data as required. May follow up with Physicians to collect relevant data as needed.
- Participate in meetings and gathers background materials and documents specific to research topics.
- Conduct relevant and timely research literature searches and reviews on various topics related to the research project. Collate and synthesize information into a written format such as reports and articles to assist Investigators and Managers for grant applications and journal submissions.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a field such as public health, health sciences, statistics or psychology
- Two (2) years of recent, related experience in a health research environment conducting literature searches.
Knowledge of library database searching methods. Knowledge of the process of research projects from proposals to publications. Knowledge of scientific terminology and research methodology in the health sector. Proficiency in computer applications using word processing, database and internet applications and tools. Ability to apply sound research skills and organize various data for record and collection purposes. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion while using confidential information.
You will have:
- Knowledge of library database searching methods.
- Knowledge of the process of research projects from proposals to publications
- Knowledge of scientific terminology and research methodology in the health sector.
- Proficiency in computer applications using word processing, database and internet applications and tools.
- Ability to apply sound research skills and organize various data for record and collection purposes.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion while using confidential information.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (01/31/2022)
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 8:30-16:30
Requisition Number: 103775
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 18, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.