More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Respiratory Therapist I, NICU - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Respiratory Therapist I, NICU
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre
Relocation of up to $5000 available
BC Women’s Hospital Neonatal Program provides advanced neonatal care within a model of integrated patient and family centered care. Located in the Teck Acute Care Centre on the BC Children’s & BC Women’s Hospital campus, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) features 70 private rooms designed for our tiny patients and their families with 12 of these special rooms dedicated to allow mothers to receive care alongside their newborns. BC Women’s largest NICU is the only quaternary referral center for the province and is the largest tertiary NICU in the province, providing specialized neonatal intensive care for the most critically ill and newborns with complex medical needs in BC and Yukon.
What you’ll do
- Review patient’s medical history, conduct assessments of the patient’s pathophysical condition, recommend appropriate care and document patient response and outcomes.
- Set up, check, perform specified quality control procedures and operate respiratory equipment, making adjustments as appropriate.
- Initiate, monitor and assess ventilator dependent patients as per care protocols and daily care.
- Recommend and administer individualized medical gas therapies.
- Provide invasive and non-invasive cardio-pulmonary monitoring.
What you bring
- Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy and successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care examination.
- Current and continuing registration with British Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular and Temporary Full-Time Opportunities Available
Wage: $30.82 to $38.56 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Schedule; 0645-1901, 1845-0701
Requisition Number: 112713
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 14, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.